PNC 08/22/21

From United States Pirate Party
Jump to navigation Jump to search






Next tasks:

  1. Meeting status
  2. Report from Bosun on
  3. archive SAB list messages
  4. update old pages in the blog/wiki such as the state contact pages



Old Business

New Business


  • Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Treasurer, Massachusetts
  • Radiojoe: William Dappen, California
  • Bosun: Joseph Klein USPP vice chair.


  • Yari: Rose Klein, CA, PNC chair
  • jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Secretary, MA
  • wodensday: Anthony Jay, IN
  • pmchi: Mitch Davilo, Chicagoland/ILPP, Swarmcare Manager
  • LILTJAY: John Miller, OH
  • Frank: Frank Decapio, West Virginia.



Record of the meeting


[9:12pm] Yari: Okay, I am calling this meeting of the PNC to order at 9:12 pm EST
[9:12pm] Yari: IDs please!
[9:12pm] Yari: Rose Klein, CA, PNC chair
[9:12pm] Bosun joined the chat room.
[9:12pm] Bosun was promoted to operator by ChanServ.
[9:12pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Secretary, MA
[9:12pm] wodensday: Anthony Jay, IN
[9:12pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Treasurer, Massachusetts
[9:13pm] pmchi: Mitch Davilo, Chicagoland/ILPP, Swarmcare Manager
[9:13pm] LILTJAY: John Miller, OH
[9:13pm] Radiojoe: William Dappen, California
[9:13pm] jokeefe: Meeting page -
[9:13pm] papegaai: Title: PNC 08/23/21 - United States Pirate Party (at
[9:13pm] amonus joined the chat room.
[9:13pm] Bosun: Joseph Klein USPP vice chair.
[9:14pm] Yari: amazing turnout tonight, thank you all for your patience as we got people filed in and fended off the spam!
[9:14pm] Yari: First off, as usual, I would like to start with the IT committee. jokeefe?
[9:14pm] wodensday: A little trolling is sometimes what you need to get the adrenaline going
[9:15pm] Frank: Frank Decapio, West Virginia. 
[9:15pm] jokeefe: We have a meeting on Thursday at 9pm Eastern. It will be on Will post the link in IRC / discord channel and email list.
[9:15pm] Bosun: Cooll.
[9:16pm] Yari: fantastic! I'll put it on my calendar, and I hope others will do the same!
[9:16pm] jokeefe: Bosun and I will work on to get it ship shape
[9:16pm] hello joined the chat room.
[9:16pm] jokeefe: I have been looking at how we can get crew to message people and which services it supports
[9:17pm] jokeefe: if anyone would help with that, please contact me
[9:17pm] jokeefe: especially if you have Drupal/CiviCRM or PHP skills
[9:17pm] jokeefe: that is all I have
[9:18pm] wodensday: Not my area, but I am more than willing to start showing up to IT meetings and learning!
[9:18pm] yarivaltean joined the chat room.
[9:18pm] yarivaltean: apologies, I had an internet blip
[9:19pm] yarivaltean: I am back with a different username. Rose Klein, CA, PNC chair
[9:19pm] yarivaltean: thank you jokeefe! next up, wodensday with the outreach committee!
[9:19pm] yarivaltean: actually, jokeefe.
[9:20pm] wodensday: Can we do anything about this?
[9:20pm] yarivaltean: as the channel operator, do you have a way to ban ppl?
[9:20pm] LILTJAY: OMG!!!!
[9:20pm] You kicked hello from the chat room. (hello)
[9:20pm] You kicked amonus from the chat room. (amonus)
[9:20pm] LILTJAY: Please delete this pictures! This is traumatizing!
[9:21pm] jason joined the chat room.
[9:21pm] wodensday: Thank god it's just femboy garfield and not gore or something.
[9:21pm] Yari left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
[9:21pm] jokeefe: Don’t click the links. Stay on target ….
[9:22pm] You set a ban on *!*
[9:22pm] amonus30 joined the chat room.
[9:22pm] You kicked jason from the chat room. (jason)
[9:22pm] You set a ban on *!*
[9:22pm] You kicked amonus30 from the chat room. (amonus30)
[9:22pm] yarivaltean: thank you jokeefe.
[9:22pm] pmchi: God’s work jokeefe
[9:22pm] jokeefe: We need to have others be admins on here besides Bosun and I
[9:23pm] Joe: Unleash the O'KEEFE!
[9:23pm] jokeefe: Please create an account and I can make people admins
[9:23pm] Joe: You can make me one if it pleases the council.
[9:24pm] Bosun: Yari needs admin
[9:24pm] jokeefe: guess we must be doing something right if someone bothered the spam us
[9:24pm] yarivaltean: Moving on
[9:24pm] Joe: Yari and pmchi is a good choice too
[9:24pm] yarivaltean: wodensday, outreach?
[9:24pm] yarivaltean was promoted to operator by Bosun.
[9:24pm] yarivaltean was demoted from operator by ChanServ.
[9:24pm] yarivaltean: Bosun, use Yari
[9:25pm] Bosun: I can't do it the sysop needs to.
[9:25pm] wodensday17 joined the chat room.
[9:26pm] wodensday17: Am I back?
[9:26pm] yarivaltean was promoted to operator by you.
[9:26pm] yarivaltean was demoted from operator by ChanServ.
[9:26pm] yarivaltean: you are.
[9:26pm] wodensday17: Excellent
[9:26pm] pmchi: I’m seeing double, four wodensdays!
[9:26pm] wodensday left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
[9:26pm] wodensday17: This is once again Anthony Jay, IN - for the record
[9:27pm] Radiojoe: yeah, WD17 might be a copycat
[9:27pm] jokeefe: block/kick at the ready 
[9:27pm] wodensday17: haha, just in case - the last DM I sent to pmchi was my email address
[9:27pm] wodensday17: He can verify that
[9:27pm] Bosun set a ban on amonus!*@*.
[9:28pm] pmchi: This is true, that’s our Wodensday!
[9:28pm] Bosun: We are probably being attacked.
[9:28pm] wodensday17: To prove I have info only the real Wodensday would know
[9:28pm] yarivaltean: wodensday go ahead with your report
[9:30pm] wodensday17: Report: We are now using Tweedeck to tweet daily. We split the responsibility for each day using a little system. Days are split between Yari, Pmchi and I. That way, no matter what, someone has done something on the account.
[9:30pm] yarivaltean: (although I did miss my day)
[9:30pm] jokeefe: excellent!
[9:31pm] wodensday17: Don't worry, I missed Saturday. It's a WIP!
[9:31pm] Joe: Still more than it has been.
[9:31pm] yarivaltean: I have it in my calendar now, too!
[9:31pm] yarivaltean: which is, for me, how things get done
[9:32pm] wodensday17: But the goal is that responsibility is in the hands of core outreach members. We welcome more tweets by more tweet-ers, but this way our bases are covered no matter what
[9:32pm] yarivaltean: Awesome, thank you wodensday! next goals for the team?
[9:33pm] wodensday17: Now we work on getting that good pirate content out there, especially on the blog.
[9:33pm] yarivaltean: cool!
[9:38pm] Frank: Is it okay if I join the discussion?  I applied to join recently, but I am not sure if I am allowed to join more discussions yet. 
[9:39pm] Joe: Anyone is welcome
[9:40pm] jokeefe: Voting is limited to state representatives
[9:40pm] pmchi: Yeah I think you’re welcome to talk as long as you ID (which you did). You just can’t vote on anything
[9:40pm] jokeefe: however
[9:40pm] wodensday17: As far as I'm aware, the only thing you cannot do is vote in this meeting.
[9:40pm] Yari joined the chat room.
[9:40pm] Joe: It's open discussion so that we can format our policy, but the thwy are voted on by the party.
[9:41pm] Frank: Okay.  Thanks.
[9:41pm] Yari: I had another internet blip again
[9:41pm] Bosun: Organize Ohio!
[9:41pm] Yari: Did I miss what Frank said?
[9:42pm] jokeefe: no
[9:42pm] Yari: Also, on the internet note, Joe can we have broadband internet access as part of our basic human rights
[9:42pm] pmchi: Looks like our Ohioan friend left. Frank is our WV Pirate
[9:42pm] yarivaltean left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
[9:43pm] Bosun: Oh, Organize WV!
[9:43pm] wodensday17: Bosun, this is giving me flashbacks to then you greeted me for the first time with "Organize Indiana. What are your plans? Tell me."
[9:43pm] Joe: Interesting Yari. I consider it a right but as more than a basic right. More like a level 2 or 3
[9:44pm] Yari: Joe, more of a suggestion for a Platform meeting than anything else
[9:44pm] Joe: I will put it on for next week.
[9:46pm] Yari: Anyway, finishing up reports - I'd like to just move into an open discussion where people can suggest things we take care of in future meetings.
[9:46pm] Yari: Since we have a number of people here
[9:46pm] Yari: and we just got raided
[9:46pm] Yari: What are your suggestions for how the PNC could help the USPP operate better?
[9:47pm] Yari: by naming those suggestions here, we can start to formulate some points for future meetings that become motions, etc.
[9:47pm] Yari: I can start - I would like to have a discussion about moving entirely to jitsi, in light of both this raid and our relatively successful jitsi meeting.
[9:48pm] wodensday17: I was just about to say that.
[9:48pm] Bosun: Next week?
[9:48pm] Yari: sorry, wodensday - I stole it from your brain
[9:48pm] jokeefe: Sounds good
[9:49pm] Yari: yes, bosun, I am not suggesting these discussions happen now
[9:49pm] Joe: Maybe a form asking " who's you"
[9:49pm] wodensday17: As a pirate, I think the live streams are a fantastic way to see our leadership engaged in discussion and debate. As the outreach chair, I have to say the PR potential is endless.
[9:49pm] jokeefe: I suggest we update and put it to video.
[9:49pm] papegaai: Title: Organizing Guide - United States Pirate Party (at
[9:49pm] Yari: Joe, elaborate?
[9:50pm] jokeefe: Did we ever have the 1 minute Pirate <mumble something something> ?
[9:50pm] Yari: jokeefe I like that - would be good youtube fodder.
[9:50pm] Joe: A signup form for joining our jitsi team
[9:50pm] Joe: To become a pirate state rep and organizer
[9:50pm] Yari: ohhh huh.
[9:51pm] jokeefe: step 1. find two pirates
[9:51pm] Yari: okay, yeah, I'll add that as a sub-point to the discussion for next time.
[9:51pm] jokeefe: sustaining a state/local party is another topic to record
[9:51pm] Yari: jokeefe I think Joe has a point, the process may be simple, but it's relatively opaque to those outside of our org
[9:51pm] Joe: That way we can both vet new people and direct them to the appropriate documents
[9:52pm] Joe: A lot of work to streamline the help.
[9:52pm] wodensday17: Inviting only non-officers who have something to present, either as a chair or for another purpose, is a system that should scale well enough
[9:52pm] wodensday17: I don't see us needing rigid rules as to who should or shouldn't be on jitsi just yet
[9:53pm] Bosun: Committees serve at the pleasure of the PNC.
[9:54pm] wodensday17: I'm not sure I follow the elegant jargon
[9:56pm] Joe: I 2nd, Bosun is most elegant.
[9:57pm] Joe: Motion to adjourn?
[9:58pm] Yari: motion on the table
[9:58pm] Bosun: It means by vote of this committee, sub committees can be created or dissolved, and the rules set by this body.
[9:59pm] Bosun: 2nd adjourn.
[10:01pm] Yari: all in favor?
[10:01pm] Joe: Aye
[10:01pm] Bosun: Aye
[10:01pm] Yari: two ayes, we are adjourned.
[10:01pm] Yari: the committee meeting is adjourned at 10:01pm EST