PNC 08/01/21

From United States Pirate Party
Jump to navigation Jump to search






Next tasks:

  1. Meeting status
  2. Report from Bosun on
  3. archive SAB list messages
  4. update old pages in the blog/wiki such as the state contact pages



Old Business

  • Update by-laws to implement a term limit system for both the office of the chair as well as the rest of the officers. Bosun will write a proposal
  • Implement a system for accepting donations and distributing the donations to further the party's goals. Questions to answer:
    • How shall we accept donations? Should we take donations electronically?
    • What process should we have for giving money/stuff to states?

New Business

  • Yari, Discord Server Op, will submit a motion to the PNC to:
    • approve the finalized state groupings;
    • bot to pick server Arbiters, per the Discord Rules.





Record of the meeting


[9:01pm] yari: And with that, let's dive in to tonight's meeting I suppose!
[9:01pm] yari: Calling this meeting to order at 9:01 pm EST
[9:01pm] yari: IDs please!
[9:01pm] jokeefe: meeting page
[9:01pm] Wodensday: Anthony Jay, IN
[9:01pm] papegaai`: Title: PNC 08/01/21 - United States Pirate Party (at
[9:01pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, MA, Secretary
[9:02pm] yari: Rose Klein, CA, USPP chair
[9:02pm] Bosun: Joseph Klein, USPP vice chair.
[9:02pm] pmchi: Mitchel Davilo, Chicagoland/ILPP, Swarmcare Manager
[9:02pm] jokeefe: Joe will not be able to attend, but I can reach him by txt
[9:02pm] yari: Sounds good, let him know he will be missed
[9:02pm] jokeefe: will do
[9:03pm] yari: First off, a rousing round of reports! Let's start with IT, jokeefe!
[9:04pm] jokeefe: We had a meeting, but unfortunately I was the only one who attended. Will schedule a new one.
[9:05pm] Bosun: Thursday?
[9:05pm] yari: Shoot, I'm sorry to hear that! Perhaps I can set up an automatic ping of the role on discord for an hour or two before any scheduled meeting.
[9:05pm] jokeefe: One of them. Will send out an email asking if that works.
[9:06pm] jokeefe: I pinged the room before. Will try a wider audience next time.
[9:07pm] yari: Sounds good. Thank you. Any updates from you as secretary?
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Keeping notes.
[9:07pm] yari: Awesome. Next up then, Wodensday, with outreach!
[9:07pm] Wodensday: During our last meeting, we explored our options regarding website content. I expect us to have something to report by the end of the next meeting.
[9:08pm] yari: Wonderful! Can't wait to hear about it!
[9:08pm] yari: Next up would be Joe, but with platform but he is not present.
[9:09pm] yari: So moving on to officer reports
[9:09pm] yari: Bosun - anything to report as vice-chair?
[9:10pm] Bosun: Not tonight other than ssome minor upgrades on crew performed last week.
[9:10pm] Wodensday: (I will have to step out. Good luck everyone! I will be reading the logs.)
[9:10pm] yari: Cool! Minor upgrades are progress! Pmchi! - anything to report as swarmcare manager?
[9:10pm] Wodensday left the chat room. (Quit: Connection closed)
[9:10pm] yari: Wodensday - thanks for stopping in!
[9:11pm] pmchi: Currently working on a handout pamphlet, English and Spanish versions. Will present to Outreach, then PNC once the English version is finished
[9:12pm] jokeefe: nice!
[9:12pm] yari: Awesome, excited to see it! Feel free to coordinate with wodensday about that if you need outreach support!
[9:13pm] yari: Moving on then to old business:
[9:13pm] yari: First on the docket: Updating the by-laws to implement a term limit system for both the office of the chair as well as the rest of the officers.
[9:14pm] yari: Bosun, do you have a proposal for the committee ready this week?
[9:14pm] Bosun: No, not yet.
[9:15pm] yari: Would you like any additional help with formulating that proposal? Would it be possible to have that done by next week?
[9:16pm] Bosun: Yes yari. How about we talk Monday night?
[9:18pm] Bosun: Or / and I can pass something around on e-meil.
[9:19pm] yariValtean joined the chat room.
[9:19pm] jokeefe: could post on uspp-sab
[9:19pm] yariValtean: Sorry, internet blip
[9:20pm] yariValtean: For the record, this is the second username of Rose Klein, CA, USPP Chair
[9:20pm] yariValtean: Did I miss anything?
[9:21pm] yariValtean: Re: the business at hand, Since the proposal is not yet created, I would ask that a motion be submitted to table this item of business until next week.
[9:21pm] jokeefe: no
[9:21pm] yari left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
[9:21pm] yariValtean: Thanks jokeefe
[9:21pm] jokeefe: no, you did not miss anything
[9:22pm] jokeefe: I am fine with tabling it
[9:22pm] yariValtean: Taking that as a motion, Bosun - 2nd?
[9:22pm] Bosun: Roadrunner/TW is not being kind to you Yari.
[9:23pm] Bosun: 2nd
[9:23pm] yariValtean: Any objections to tabling this item of business?
[9:23pm] Bosun: none here
[9:24pm] yariValtean: Hearing none, we move on to the next item of old business: Implement a system for accepting donations and distributing the donations to further the party's goals.
[9:25pm] jokeefe: Talked with Joe about it. He would like us to have a plan as to how we will use the money raised before we start raising it.
[9:26pm] Bosun: It would be pretty easy to put up a donate button with a paypal backend.
[9:27pm] jokeefe: Yes, but that isn’t his concern.
[9:27pm] yariValtean: Give my thanks to Joe for that entirely salient point.
[9:28pm] pmchi: ie a plan for what the purpose of what said raised money will be spent on
[9:29pm] jokeefe: will do yariValtean:
[9:29pm] yariValtean: Last week there was some discussion of creating the donate button presently, and then forming a finance committee to discuss matters of where money should go.
[9:31pm] pmchi: Should the formation of a finance committee take shape before a donation system is established?
[9:31pm] yariValtean: I guess that's what I'm wondering
[9:32pm] Bosun: The raised money is held by the treasurer until such time as the SAB passes a spending resolution or budget.
[9:33pm] yariValtean: Or if the immediacy of having a finance committee after creating the donate button, and implementing their suggestions, would mitigate fears
[9:33pm] yariValtean: Bosun you mean PNC?
[9:34pm] Bosun: Yeah us.
[9:35pm] Mu left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
[9:35pm] yariValtean: I wonder if this discussion might be better held when more are present?
[9:36pm] yariValtean: Would be fine with continuing discussion or with tabling
[9:37pm] jokeefe: I suggest tabling. I can write up a proposal and send to uspp-sab
[9:37pm] Bosun: We are moving slow tonight. I move we table the current resolution and then adjourn.
[9:38pm] Bosun: Yes we should be discussing this on the SAB list.
[9:38pm] yariValtean: I will take that as a tabling and 2nd, since both of you asked for tabling
[9:38pm] yariValtean: Are there any objections to tabling this?
[9:38pm] Bosun: yes
[9:39pm] Bosun: no objections
[9:39pm] jokeefe: no objections
[9:39pm] yariValtean: Hearing none and moving on
[9:40pm] Radiojoe joined the chat room.
[9:40pm] yariValtean: Just a reminder before we move on that next week is the week that we do the meeting on jitsi
[9:40pm] yariValtean: Hi RadioJoe, please ID if you want to participate!
[9:40pm] Bosun: Fun.
[9:40pm] jokeefe: Thanks for the reminder.
[9:41pm] Radiojoe: William Dappen, California
[9:41pm] yariValtean: Bosun, I heard your motion to adjourn, could I politely ask for a quick rewind of that motion?
[9:41pm] yariValtean: I would like to move forward with CA membership since RadioJoe is here.
[9:42pm] Bosun: I withdraw my motion to adjourn.
[9:42pm] yariValtean: Thank you, I appreciate that.
[9:43pm] yariValtean: I would present to the PNC that, per the bylaws of the PNC of state eligibility, listed at:
[9:44pm] yariValtean: The state of California has both a primary and a secondary representative: RadioJoe and myself
[9:45pm] yariValtean: We are attempting to grow
[9:45pm] yariValtean: And we have a web presence with easy contact:
[9:45pm] papegaai`: Title: California Pirate Party (at
[9:46pm] yariValtean: Thus, I would ask for the PNC to consider adding the CAPP to their list of member states
[9:47pm] jokeefe: Suggest that CA apply for Representation, as set forth in Art. III §3.
[9:47pm] Bosun: I think this is being reinstated.
[9:49pm] yariValtean: As an applicant state member, I ask that one of the member state representatives become our sponsor, per article 3
[9:50pm] yariValtean: Bosun I don't know what the procedure would be for reinstatement
[9:50pm] jokeefe: MA will do it.
[9:50pm] Bosun: I move that CA be granted active state statuss.
[9:50pm] Radiojoe left the chat room. (Quit: Connection closed)
[9:50pm] jokeefe: I don’t see any reinstatement clause.
[9:50pm] yariValtean: There isn't jokeefe
[9:51pm] Radiojoe joined the chat room.
[9:51pm] Radiojoe: My apologies, my connection is spotty
[9:52pm] yariValtean: Motion proposed by Bosun
[9:52pm] jokeefe: How many members does CA pirates have?
[9:52pm] yariValtean: Currently, 5
[9:52pm] yariValtean: That I am in contact with
[9:53pm] Bosun: It is a start.
[9:53pm] jokeefe: I suggest CA be admitted as an observer member and we work on getting CA to full member.
[9:53pm] yariValtean: Jokeefe, may I ask why?
[9:55pm] yariValtean: CA has fulfilled all of the requirements per the bylaws
[9:55pm] yariValtean: Apologies, I am mixing my duties as chair with my perspective as a CA rep.
[9:56pm] yariValtean: Jokeefe, is that suggestion a motion?
[9:57pm] jokeefe: yes, it is a suggested motion
[9:57pm] yariValtean: ??
[9:58pm] jokeefe: Section 3: Representation - The Applicant State shall ask a current Representative in the PNC to be a Sponsor for their application.
[9:59pm] jokeefe: Seems we are only at that point.
[9:59pm] yariValtean: Bosun, we are at an impasse - either we table the issue or one of you rescinds your motion
[9:59pm] yariValtean: Since your two motions are at odds
[9:59pm] yariValtean: And neither has 2nds
[10:00pm] yariValtean: So please discuss
[10:00pm] jokeefe: I will withdraw my motion and we can vote
[10:00pm] yariValtean: clever.
[10:01pm] yariValtean: You have to 2nd bosun's motion.
[10:01pm] Bosun: be right back
[10:02pm] Bosun: OK
[10:02pm] Bosun: yesz
[10:02pm] yariValtean: Jokeefe I need a 2nd on Bosun's motion before we can vote
[10:03pm] jokeefe: 2nd - vote to grant CA active state status
[10:04pm] yariValtean: All in favor?
[10:04pm] pmchi: Aye
[10:04pm] Bosun: WI votes to grant CA active status.
[10:07pm] jokeefe: MA votes to grant CA active status, but registers that the process needs to be better organized states go from observer to full representation
[10:08pm] yariValtean: Wholeheartedly agreed.
[10:08pm] jokeefe: I will commit to draft a bylaw change
[10:08pm] Radiojoe left the chat room. (Quit: Connection closed)
[10:09pm] pmchi: May I request a list of approved PNC member and observer states?
[10:09pm] Bosun: move adjourn
[10:09pm] yariValtean: With two votes in favor, the vote passes
[10:09pm] yariValtean: CA becomes a member state
[10:09pm] yariValtean: Thank you jokeefe
[10:09pm] yariValtean: Bosun has moved to adjourn
[10:09pm] jokeefe: 2nd
[10:09pm] yariValtean: Any objections to adjourning?
[10:10pm] Guest97 joined the chat room.
[10:10pm] Bosun: no
[10:10pm] Bosun: none
[10:10pm] yariValtean: Hearing none, this meeting is adjourned at 10:10pm EST. Thank you
[10:10pm] jokeefe: nope
[10:10pm] jokeefe: posting minutes
[10:10pm] yariValtean: Thank you very much, folks.