PNC 12/20/20

From United States Pirate Party
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Old Business

Proposed amendments to PNC Bylaws

Article III, section 3, 7
Each delegation shall be treated equally in all matters with an exception in the matter of nominations for President and Vice-President of the United States, wherein each delegation shall have a vote in a national convention weighted by its population in millions rounded up to the next whole million. In the case of the delegation representing a constituency that has a primary election wherein the pirate party has state ballot status, the delegation shall allot its votes to candidates in proportion to the results of the state’s primary.



MassPirates deployed the latest Pirate Rogue theme successfully. jokeefe will update it a before the end of the year.





  • Sayyida: Megan Klein Vice Chair Wi
  • Bosun: Joseph Klein, USPP chair
  • jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Secretary, Acting Rep from MA until real rep. appears
  • Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Treasurer, Massachusetts


  • yari: Rose Klein, California
  • Olivia_: Olivia Kristiann, volunteer


  • Proposed Article III, section 3, 7 amendment tabled to allow additional discussion
  • MassPirates deployed the latest Pirate Rogue theme successfully. jokeefe will update it at before the end of the year.
  • jokeefe will schedule an IT video chat in early/mid January
  • Bosun has found a possible Wisconsin Senate candidate


Record of the meeting


[9:00pm] Bosun: IDs Please
[9:00pm] Sayyida: Megan Klein Vice Chair Wi
[9:00pm] Bosun: Joseph Klein, USPP chair
[9:01pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Secretary, Acting Rep from MA until real rep. appears
[9:01pm] Joe joined the chat room.
[9:01pm] Joe: Ahoy
[9:01pm] yari joined the chat room.
[9:01pm] jokeefe: ahoy
[9:02pm] yari: ahoy
[9:02pm] yari: Have we begun?
[9:02pm] Sayyida: Ahoy yari , Joe
[9:02pm] jokeefe: we are just getting started with ids
[9:02pm] yari: Rose Klein, California
[9:02pm] Bosun: CA is observer
[9:02pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Treasurer, Massachusetts
[9:04pm] Bosun: Yari - what of the old business tabled at the last meeting?
[9:04pm] jokeefe: Mass. has not been able to vote on the change to Article III, section 3, 7
[9:06pm] yari: My suggestion, as I communicated to Bosun and to jokeefe, is that we table the change to III, 3,7 and also introduce some additional bylaws to solve the issue of a potential small group of people taking over an entire delegation with little involvement in the pirate party
[9:07pm] Olivia_ joined the chat room.
[9:07pm] Olivia_: Olivia Kristiann, volunteer
[9:07pm] yari: Specifically, I would suggest that we discuss some sort of credentialing process for delegates to the convention
[9:07pm] jokeefe: ahoy
[9:08pm] Bosun: So, it remains tabled.
[9:08pm] Bosun: Anything from IT?
[9:08pm] jokeefe: deployed the latest Pirate Rogue theme successfully. I will update with it before the end of the year.
[9:09pm] jokeefe: It is much more mobile friendly
[9:09pm] Olivia_: It looks great!
[9:09pm] jokeefe: Thank you
[9:10pm] jokeefe: I will schedule a Tech meeting for early/mid January
[9:11pm] Bosun: We need more pirate hats!
[9:11pm] Olivia_: How did the end of the tech meetup go recently on which tool to use for conferencing?
[9:12pm] Olivia_: I left after the second hour.
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Mass. tech meeting? Haven’t made a decision.
[9:12pm] Olivia_: Mitch sent me a dm saying he's  getting a bad gateway error trying to come here tonight.
[9:13pm] Sayyida: Olivia_, what is he using?
[9:13pm] Sayyida: is he using the web browser?
[9:13pm] Olivia_: I think he's using the one on the site the web one I'm not sure.
[9:13pm] jokeefe: yeah, is down
[9:14pm] Olivia_: I use I had to manually configure it once and then just rejoin.  It saves the text if we want too.
[9:15pm] jokeefe: good to know
[9:16pm] Sayyida: sorry baby pirate is protesting and not wanting to go to bed
[9:16pm] Sayyida: the warm bottle of milk is being deployed, hopefully we can come to some agreement
[9:16pm] jokeefe: good luck!
[9:17pm] Bosun: bottle deployed
[9:17pm] jokeefe: that is all I have for IT
[9:18pm] Bosun: Any one elese with news or proposals?
[9:19pm] Joe: Yes, lets continue to focus on local support and building a presence in each state
[9:19pm] Olivia_: Anyone in Georgia who can go boots on the ground for the run-off election?
[9:20pm] Joe: I know its slow but it is how its done. Look at all we have accomplished this year. I am proud of what we are doing.
[9:20pm] yari: People can sign up for phone banking from anywhere for the runoffs
[9:21pm] Bosun: On elections - I have a gentalman in Wisconsin that wants to run against Ron Johnson.
[9:21pm] Joe: Is there any way we can do a small blog post or news letter once per week or month?
[9:22pm] jokeefe: Olivia_/Bosun have been posting
[9:22pm] Bosun: Olivia, can you help my Wisconsin candidate?
[9:22pm] jokeefe: Sounds good Bosun. Has he run previously?
[9:23pm] Olivia_: Help how?
[9:23pm] Olivia_: PR?
[9:23pm] Joe: I know Bosun was on top of it, thank you to both.
[9:23pm] Bosun: No, he is bookstore owner.
[9:24pm] Olivia_: Should he be in the Discord for future planning?
[9:24pm] Bosun: He knows if he can gat 1% it will put the WIPP on the next ballot.
[9:24pm] Bosun: get
[9:25pm] Sayyida: so he's familiar with Wisconsin law
[9:25pm] Sayyida: wow. great
[9:25pm] jokeefe: Olivia_ - Discussing on the discord would be good.
[9:25pm] Olivia_: Can I join now I finally got my Discord back days ago after all these months.
[9:25pm] Bosun: I can probably get him fully engaged however you like. He has apaid WIPP membership.
[9:25pm] Joe: From a financial perspective, we could help raise funds for small print outs to hand out.
[9:26pm] Olivia_: I can make graphics and videos.  I'm no expert though but what you saw for the election night special.
[9:27pm] Olivia_: He and Mitch can be in the Discord planning out their strategies and sharing ideas.
[9:27pm] Bosun: He needs to file with FEC and Wisc election commission. I'm working on that.
[9:27pm] Joe: Sorry to throw you under the bus Jokeefe,  but you are really good at the print outs we use.
[9:27pm] jokeefe:
[9:27pm] jokeefe: Bosun, does he have people to help with the campaign?
[9:28pm] Joe: Perhaps we can send him what we use and use some national money for the printing of said materials.
[9:28pm] Olivia_: This week I'll finally be upgrading to the premium version of the software I use which means hopefully the quality will improve.
[9:29pm] Bosun: He runs a bookstore that has public events. I am under the impression that hae has a support network.
[9:29pm] jokeefe: DaVinci Resolve is free
[9:29pm] jokeefe: Sounds good
[9:31pm] jokeefe: Happy to do a campaign training for him and his people
[9:31pm] Joe: We are at time. Motion to adjourn?
[9:31pm] Sayyida: second
[9:31pm] Bosun: OK - I will pass him the option.
[9:32pm] Bosun: Any objections to adjourn?
[9:32pm] jokeefe: none from me
[9:32pm] Sayyida: good night
[9:32pm] Momma_turtle left the chat room. (Quit: Leaving)
[9:32pm] Sayyida left the chat room. (Quit: Leaving)
[9:32pm] Bosun: OK then we are adjourned.
[9:32pm] Olivia_: Goodnight everyone and happy holidays and stay safe!
[9:33pm] Bosun: Good night.
[9:33pm] Joe: Gnight everyone!