PNC 02/28/21

From United States Pirate Party
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Old Business





Reminder: April 2nd set as end of external lists (it & sab).


  1. Regular IT meeting time poll:

Next tasks:

  1. teach people how to use to send emails - set for this Tuesday
  2. set a regular IT meeting
  3. archive SAB list messages
  4. update old pages in the blog/wiki such as the state contact pages




Did not have quorum so focused on status reports and discussion.




Record of the meeting


[9:02pm] pmchi: Mitchel Davilo, Chicago/ILPP
[9:02pm] Bosun: Hang on.
[9:02pm] pmchi: Okie doke
[9:02pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Secretary, Massachusetts
[9:02pm] Bosun: Joseph Klein USPP Chair
[9:02pm] Olivia_: Olivia Kristiann, SouthWest, volunteer
[9:03pm] jokeefe: meeting wiki page:
[9:03pm] papegaai: Title: PNC 02/28/21 - United States Pirate Party (at
[9:03pm] Olivia_: Will Meg and Yari be here?
[9:04pm] Bosun: Meg is in the hospital.
[9:04pm] Olivia_: Is she okay??
[9:04pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Treasurer, Massachusetts
[9:04pm] Bosun: She will be out probably tomorrow.
[9:04pm] jokeefe: oh no!
[9:04pm] jokeefe: Hope everything goes well
[9:04pm] Joe: I am sorry to hear that. Shall we adjourn then?
[9:04pm] Yari joined the chat room.
[9:05pm] Yari: Rose Klein, California
[9:05pm] Bosun: We can.
[9:05pm] Yari: sorry I'm late
[9:05pm] Bosun: Ahoy Yari.
[9:05pm] pmchi: Ahoy!
[9:05pm] Bosun: Meg is not  here - kinda blows quorum technically.
[9:06pm] jokeefe: Both states are here
[9:06pm] Bosun: I suggest we justt go through anything we have and just don't vote.
[9:06pm] jokeefe: We can still discuss or give status
[9:06pm] Bosun: OK
[9:06pm] Bosun: Yes
[9:07pm] Bosun: Brilliant idea. 
[9:07pm] jokeefe: great minds think alike 
[9:07pm] Bosun: We put of the states status discussion until next week then.
[9:07pm] Bosun: IT?
[9:08pm] Olivia_: Has anyone sent applications to Crew about volunteering I tweeted about?
[9:09pm] jokeefe: Reminder: April 2nd set as end of external lists (it & sab).
[9:09pm] jokeefe: Created a regular IT meeting time poll:
[9:09pm] papegaai: Title: Doodle - Make meetings happen (at
[9:09pm] jokeefe: No other update.
[9:09pm] jokeefe: I haven’t seen any Olivia_
[9:10pm] jokeefe: but I also haven’t looked
[9:10pm] Bosun: I would need to sort through my mail.
[9:11pm] Joe: That would be an epic task for me as well Bosun
[9:11pm] Bosun: I had one interview request - I need to follow up on that.
[9:11pm] Olivia_: Can I suggest which type of volunteers are needed such as writers and streamers?
[9:12pm] Olivia_: journalists, citizen journalists, student journalists, etc
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Can give a demo on how to send email at Tuesday’s outreach meeting
[9:12pm] Olivia_: Or just leave the tweet as is I copied from the Crew page?
[9:12pm] Olivia_: okay
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Do you have any text for the ask, Olivia_ ?
[9:12pm] Bosun: Mitch will need people for his race. Canvassers. Phone calling. etc
[9:13pm] pmchi: I’ll put out a call for volunteers there on the ILPP page as well
[9:14pm] Joe: Bosun, Can Yari speak about the voting thing on discord?
[9:14pm] Olivia_: I made this tweet but wanted to know if what type of volunteers are needed should be specified.
[9:14pm] Bosun: Yari? - Please speak.
[9:15pm] Yari: Joe what is there to speak about?
[9:15pm] Bosun: results?
[9:15pm] Yari: I don't understand this as being a PNC issue
[9:15pm] Bosun: poll so far?
[9:15pm] Yari: no results yet
[9:15pm] Yari: poll so far 20 against 7 for
[9:15pm] Joe: Is today the last day to vote?
[9:15pm] Yari: today is last day to vote
[9:17pm] Bosun: ZI get my shot on the 3rd.
[9:18pm] jokeefe: Olivia_: We need volunteers for everything
[9:18pm] Bosun: Yes we need volunteers for everything.
[9:18pm] jokeefe: Glad to hear it Bosun
[9:18pm] Olivia_: Can I add that in the tweet?
[9:19pm] Olivia_: We can make it entertaining.  lol
[9:20pm] Bosun: Yes.
[9:22pm] Bosun: Self deprecation shows humility.
[9:22pm] Joe: 8 minutes until time
[9:23pm] Joe: *7
[9:23pm] Bosun: Anything important that needs discussing - please bring it up.
[9:23pm] ceiling: the poll is using cloudflare, cannot be accessed tor
[9:23pm] ceiling: *over tor
[9:24pm] Bosun: which poll
[9:24pm] Bosun: ?
[9:24pm] jokeefe: doodle poll?
[9:24pm] Joe: On a brighter note, our Youtube channel is up to 39 users.  Will me recording our platform discussions being posted there, I hope to increase our influence.
[9:24pm] ceiling: yeah the doodle poll
[9:25pm] jokeefe: I’ll try poll feature on crew for the next one.  Brave browser cuts down on the ads, but isn’t over Tor.
[9:25pm] Olivia_: Videos serve as content and will help.  Everyone should record videos and be your own citizen journalists!!
[9:25pm] ceiling: it could have triggered because I was using tor plus no user agent
[9:26pm] jokeefe: that would look like a bot
[9:26pm] ceiling: user agents are often used for tracking, it's disables by default in the browser I use
[9:27pm] jokeefe: understood
[9:27pm] ceiling: *disabled.  can't type today lol
[9:27pm] Bosun: We are burning time.
[9:27pm] Joe: Motion to Adjourn?
[9:28pm] Bosun: We will look into tor friendly solutions for polls.
[9:28pm] pmchi: Second the motion
[9:28pm] Bosun: OK guys we need to discuss Roberts.
[9:28pm] pmchi: Rescind the second
[9:29pm] Olivia_: I don't know who that is.
[9:29pm] jokeefe: CiviCRM has polling support
[9:29pm] Bosun: Since we don't have quorum we arn't relly is session so technically we are adjourned