PNC 02/21/21

From United States Pirate Party
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Old Business




  1. moving IT list to
    1. email list. April 2nd set as end of pirate-it list.

Next tasks:

  1. teach people how to use to send emails
  2. set a regular IT meeting
  3. update old pages in the blog/wiki such as the state contact pages









Record of the meeting


[9:02pm] Bosun: IDs please
[9:02pm] Joe: I am sorry to hear that, you have our support
[9:02pm] Sayyida: Megan Klein Vice Chair Wi
[9:02pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Treasurer, Massachusetts
[9:02pm] pmchi: Mitchel Davilo, Chicago/ILPP
[9:02pm] jokeefe: So sorry, Meg.
[9:02pm] Bosun: Joseph Klein USPP chair
[9:03pm] Sayyida: Thank you for your support guys. means a lot to me, it really does.
[9:03pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Secretary, MA
[9:03pm] jokeefe: Agenda at
[9:03pm] papegaai: Title: PNC 02/21/21 - United States Pirate Party (at
[9:03pm] Yari: Rose Klein, California
[9:03pm] Sayyida: Ahoy Yari!
[9:03pm] Yari: Sayyida ouch that sucks
[9:04pm] Sayyida: Yari, ill tell you allllll about this later lol you'll have a laugh
[9:05pm] Yari: sounds good
[9:05pm] Sayyida: So what's on the agenda.
[9:05pm] Yari: <3
[9:05pm] Bosun: Let's start withe the IT items.
[9:05pm] jokeefe: Created IT list.
[9:05pm] jokeefe: Notified people about it.
[9:05pm] jokeefe: Set date to stop using the old list for 4/2
[9:06pm] jokeefe: Emailed Yari about the demo
[9:06pm] Bosun: Oh my god, progress.
[9:06pm] Joe: There were two emails I received. One for the sab and the other was mapp, correct?
[9:07pm] Bosun: When is the regular meeting?
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Haven’t sent out a poll yet. Will send it soon.
[9:08pm] jokeefe: That’s all I have on that front
[9:08pm] Sayyida: excellent jokeefe!
[9:08pm] Sayyida: thank you
[9:08pm] Bosun: I have driven back and forth to Indy twice in the last 3 day - I am a bit toast and behind on correspondence.
[9:09pm] jokeefe: Hope you get some rest Bosun
[9:09pm] pmchi: Not an easy drive, let alone twice
[9:09pm] Sayyida: I honestly have been lacking in mine too, but the past 2 months have been super rough, and now this. Thank you all for your continued work
[9:09pm] Bosun: Rest is over rated.
[9:10pm] Sayyida: Bosun, rest is for the dead
[9:10pm] Bosun: Yari - updates on outreach?
[9:11pm] Yari: yes, three updates
[9:11pm] Yari: 1. Jokeefe, you said you messaged me but I don't know if I can find it... would you be willing to join any of our outreach meetings to teach us about newsletter stuff (perhaps this week?)
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Please check your email, Yari
[9:12pm] jokeefe: And, yes, would be happy to
[9:12pm] Joe: jokeefe, can you send me the demo as well?
[9:12pm] Yari: sorry its been a week, and cool thank you
[9:13pm] jokeefe: sure, Joe.
[9:13pm] Joe: Ty
[9:13pm] jokeefe: my pleasure, Yari
[9:13pm] Yari: 2. we are working on a draft for proposed social media guidelines
[9:14pm] pmchi: Did everyone get a chance to see the draft?
[9:14pm] Yari: I saw it, but it's in the outreach mail list so I don't know if everyone did pmchi
[9:14pm] Yari: oh nvm its not
[9:15pm] pmchi:
[9:15pm] Joe: I did not yet but there was quite a few email to go throw.... sorry yari for the interruptions
[9:15pm] jokeefe: Haven’t had a chance to read it pmchi, but will soon.
[9:15pm] Bosun: The committee should really hash it out first the send it to the board.
[9:15pm] Yari: yeah, that was the plan - pmchi I thought we were hashing it out on outreach mail list, then sending to SAB
[9:15pm] Yari: whatever, can address tuesday
[9:16pm] jokeefe: that makes sense
[9:16pm] Sayyida: I had not read the entire email volley. I will be reading it tonight
[9:16pm] pmchi: I thought I did send it to the right list, that’s my fault
[9:16pm] Yari: no worries, pmchi
[9:17pm] Yari: okay 3. we are drafting a couple posts that will be going out to ask for volunteers for writing content for wiki and for other things like newsletters, etc
[9:17pm] Bosun: Noone is getting keel-hauled - yet.
[9:17pm] pmchi: I want to stress that I meant no harm with these rules. Just a rough draft of rules.
[9:17pm] Bosun: It is OK lighted up.
[9:18pm] Yari: that's it for outreach, I also have an order of new business I would like to bring to the floor
[9:18pm] Yari: and I have an order of old business that was not resolved from last time
[9:18pm] Bosun: Do you want to do that now?
[9:19pm] Sayyida: ?
[9:19pm] Sayyida: 10 Min remain
[9:19pm] Sayyida: do we want an extension?
[9:19pm] Sayyida: or need one I should ask.
[9:20pm] Yari: The old business that we tabled, I believe, was the discussion around what observer states are
[9:20pm] Bosun: Can we get a 5m summery from platform, then let Yari talk?
[9:20pm] Yari: and which states are currently observer states
[9:20pm] Sayyida: Oh yea. we do need to talk about that
[9:21pm] Sayyida: motion to extend for needed time
[9:21pm] Bosun: I thing we want all of next weeks for that, and to allocate at least 45 minutes.
[9:21pm] Yari: sure Bosun I'm absolutely okay with continuing to table that old business
[9:21pm] Bosun: 2nd anyone?
[9:22pm] Joe: 2nd
[9:22pm] jokeefe: aye
[9:22pm] Bosun: Motion on the floor to extend.
[9:23pm] Sayyida: motion passes
[9:23pm] jokeefe: I retract my aye, I think this needs more time next week
[9:23pm] Bosun: Ok,
[9:23pm] Sayyida: motion fails.
[9:24pm] Sayyida: shall this be first topic next week then?
[9:24pm] Yari: jokeefe, I have a new item of business and also Joe of platform still needs to speak
[9:24pm] jokeefe: ++excellent
[9:24pm] Yari: nut yes agreed
[9:24pm] Yari: *but
[9:24pm] Bosun: I think it should be the only topic. It may take some time.
[9:24pm] Sayyida: Bosun, agreed
[9:25pm] Joe: I yield to Yari if that helps
[9:25pm] Bosun: Let's get to Joe
[9:25pm] Yari: No Joe you did that last time
[9:25pm] Yari: we can extend
[9:25pm] Joe: lol, I don't mind but extending delays my platform committee.
[9:26pm] Bosun: No we are churning and accomplishing nothing being polite.
[9:26pm] Yari: okay I have the floor I guess
[9:26pm] Bosun: Please give the platform report, then James can bring up the new itesms.
[9:26pm] Yari: okay
[9:27pm] Joe: So we have only discussed the rules of operations, which we plan to discuss major issues that have been missed.
[9:28pm] Joe: In light of how some of these topics are to be discussed, I plan to keep the discussions open and simply record the with a summery post to email.
[9:28pm] Bosun: Can we talk-to-text the meeting?
[9:29pm] Joe: I am behind in sending out emails due to me moving, so my setup has been disrupted
[9:29pm] Joe: I can look in to it, though sometimes it does get a bit funky
[9:30pm] Bosun: What is the URL for the archives?
[9:30pm] Joe: That said, we discussed our perspective on education, though we seem to be in agreement.
[9:31pm] Joe: I was simply thinking of posting it to youtube.
[9:31pm] Joe: Though this has not happened yet due to the lack of proper hardware.
[9:32pm] Joe: I plan on using our national Youtube account.
[9:33pm] Joe: Currently we are open for discord discussion and weekly meetings through jitsi.
[9:33pm] Yari: Recent PNC and Platform meetings are not currently linked on wiki.
[9:34pm] Yari: We are over time.
[9:34pm] Bosun: When you have a URL or minutes please pos them to the wiki.
[9:34pm] Sayyida: motion to adjourn
[9:35pm] Joe: Unfortunately, the platform has yet to be recorded properly. So other than my notes I don't have much to post yet. I will fix though.
[9:35pm] Joe: Will do Bosun, may I cancel today's meeting for personal reasons?
[9:35pm] Joe: discussion will be invited on discord though.
[9:36pm] Bosun: Yes. You are chair of it, you may cancel.
[9:37pm] Bosun: James can we quickly get your items?
[9:37pm] Bosun: Then adjourn.
[9:37pm] Sayyida: I motioned Bosun
[9:37pm] Yari: RONR, motion on table
[9:37pm] jokeefe: My items?
[9:37pm] Sayyida: motion failed
[9:38pm] Bosun: No 2nd motion dies.
[9:38pm] Bosun: I thought you had somthing under new busines, If I am mistaken I am sorry.
[9:39pm] Joe: May I add one request due to recent events Bosun?
[9:39pm] Bosun: Please do so.
[9:39pm] jokeefe: oh sorry. we decided that last time, but I forgot to remove it from the copied text
[9:39pm] Bosun: OK
[9:39pm] Bosun: Joe?
[9:40pm] Bosun: What is it?
[9:40pm] Joe: Due to recent troll like actions and my general easygoing attitude, may this council vet whom is on the platform committee's meetings.
[9:40pm] Sayyida: What troll actions?? what did I miss??
[9:40pm] Bosun: You are chair, chair the meeting.
[9:41pm] Joe: Ok, I will make sure the meeting are conducted appropriately.
[9:42pm] Bosun: Per Roberts 2nd ed I belive
[9:42pm] Sayyida: Gentlemen and Fellow Humans I am stepping out. I am at my limit for the day under current conditions.
[9:42pm] Joe: Was referring to Roberts and websites of not that long ago.
[9:42pm] Sayyida: Good night. thank you for you patience
[9:42pm] Momma_turtle left the chat room. (Quit: Leaving)
[9:42pm] Sayyida left the chat room. (Quit: Leaving)
[9:42pm] Joe: Thank you!
[9:42pm] Bosun: May we adjourn now?
[9:43pm] jokeefe: 2nd
[9:43pm] Joe: 3rd
[9:43pm] Bosun: Hearing no objections - let's go to sleep.