PNC 02/14/21

From United States Pirate Party
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Old Business



  • Recognize Poet stepping down as webmaster


Next tasks:

  1. set a regular IT meeting
  2. teach people how to use to send emails
  3. moving it list to
  4. update old pages in the blog/wiki such as the state contact pages





  • Set final date for closing old SAB list.


  • Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Treasurer, Massachusetts
  • Bosun: Joseph Klein USPP chair
  • jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Secretary, Massachusetts
  • Sayyida: Megan Klein Vice chair Wi


  • pmchi: Mitch Davilo, Chicago/ILPP
  • Olivia_: Olivia Kristiann, SouthWest, volunteer
  • Yari: Rose Klein, California



Record of the meeting


[9:01pm] Bosun: Time to start: Please identify.
[9:01pm] pmchi: Mitch Davilo, Chicago/ILPP
[9:01pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Treasurer, Massachusetts
[9:01pm] Bosun: Joseph Klein USPP chair
[9:01pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Secretary, Massachusetts
[9:01pm] Sayyida: Megan Klein Vice chair Wi
[9:02pm] jokeefe: Meeting page:
[9:02pm] papegaai: Title: PNC 02/14/21 - United States Pirate Party (at
[9:02pm] Yari joined the chat room.
[9:02pm] Yari: ahoy
[9:02pm] jokeefe: ahoy
[9:02pm] Olivia_ joined the chat room.
[9:02pm] Bosun: The agenda had Items from IT
[9:02pm] Joe: pmchi, he just wanted it more.
[9:02pm] Bosun: Yari - ID
[9:02pm] Olivia_: Olivia Kristiann, SouthWest, volunteer
[9:03pm] Yari: Rose Klein, California
[9:03pm] jokeefe: pmchi: mixed.
[9:03pm] jokeefe: Suggest we recognize Poet stepping down as webmaster.
[9:05pm] Bosun: Yes.
[9:05pm] Yari: formal recognition would be good, Poet did excellent work
[9:05pm] Bosun: or we discuss James' puppy bowl.
[9:06pm] jokeefe: His help was appreciated
[9:06pm] Yari: ?
[9:06pm] Bosun: Disregard my bad humor. How would you like to do that James?
[9:06pm] Sayyida: why not both?
[9:06pm] Bosun: We can post somthing formal on the blog.
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Vote to recognize him stepping down, I guess. It isn’t spelled out.
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Thank you post would be good
[9:08pm] Joe: I think a heartfelt post would be better.
[9:08pm] Bosun: Who will write the post?
[9:09pm] jokeefe: Post should mention the other positions which are open.
[9:09pm] Joe: Since I was supposed to send an email two weeks ago about the platform committee,  probably not me.
[9:10pm] jokeefe: I have a lot of my plate.
[9:10pm] Yari: I would write the post, but I never worked with Poet, so would need guidance.
[9:10pm] Bosun: How about Yari drafts something working with James on the details?
[9:11pm] jokeefe: that works
[9:11pm] Bosun: Yari?
[9:11pm] Yari: sure
[9:11pm] Yari: jokeefe I'll send you an email then?
[9:11pm] jokeefe: appreciate it Yari
[9:11pm] Bosun: Say by Tuesday?
[9:12pm] Yari: sounds good to me
[9:12pm] Bosun: OK - make it so. 
[9:12pm] Bosun: Other IT items?
[9:13pm] Bosun: set a regular IT meeting
[9:13pm] Bosun: teach people how to use to send emails
[9:13pm] Bosun: moving it list to
[9:13pm] Bosun: update old pages in the blog/wiki such as the state contact pages
[9:13pm] jokeefe: should setup a time to teach people how to use to send emails
[9:14pm] jokeefe: will send a survey on times.  piggy backing on the masspirates tech meeting will be too early for Western states
[9:14pm] Bosun: Can we combine that with the outreach meeting?
[9:14pm] jokeefe: will send a survey on times for a regular IT meeting
[9:14pm] Bosun: Great!
[9:15pm] jokeefe: Sundays are pretty busy for me so I would prefer not.
[9:15pm] Yari: outreach runs long as it is
[9:15pm] jokeefe: Sorry, Tuesdays too
[9:15pm] Bosun: OK, no problem - we have 7 dyas in each week.
[9:16pm] Bosun: James, what would you prefer?
[9:16pm] Sayyida: in the commonly accepted calendar Bosun
[9:16pm] Sayyida: yes
[9:16pm] jokeefe: Best to send a survey as widely as possible
[9:17pm] pmchi: Survey is a good idea
[9:18pm] jokeefe: Will get it out by Wednesday
[9:18pm] Bosun: I think we are all on board with the survey. What about the mail lession
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Happy to do the demo at an outreach meeting.
[9:19pm] Yari: jokeefe I think we would appreciate that
[9:19pm] Bosun: OK how about if not this week, then next. Ask Yari for what works gest.
[9:20pm] Bosun: best
[9:20pm] jokeefe: will do. sounds good
[9:20pm] Bosun: What about moving it list to
[9:20pm] jokeefe: In process
[9:21pm] jokeefe: will have it done by next Sunday
[9:21pm] Bosun: Great.
[9:22pm] jokeefe: When do we want to set the final date for closing old SAB list?
[9:22pm] Bosun: April 1st.
[9:22pm] jokeefe: well ….
[9:22pm] Joe: J/K?
[9:22pm] Bosun: update old pages in the blog/wiki such as the state contact pages will take work
[9:23pm] jokeefe: How about April 2nd
[9:23pm] Sayyida: we are at 7 min, i have been paralyzed by my cat
[9:23pm] Bosun: OK
[9:23pm] Joe: 2nd the 2nd!
[9:23pm] Yari: request extension of time
[9:23pm] Joe: I also have an update with the platform committee.
[9:23pm] Yari: and we haven't even gotten to outreach or new business
[9:24pm] Bosun: We ave 7 minute.
[9:24pm] Yari: I request an extension of time
[9:24pm] Yari: I don't think I can make motions
[9:24pm] Bosun: How long?
[9:24pm] Yari: uh... 15 minutes?
[9:25pm] jokeefe: I am ok with an extension.
[9:25pm] Bosun: Any objections?
[9:25pm] Joe: my update is short. Yari cn take the time because I can send to email if need be.
[9:25pm] Bosun: OK let's push on.
[9:25pm] Joe: No objections
[9:25pm] Sayyida: no, and thank you Joe
[9:26pm] Bosun: Lat IT item - update contacts.
[9:26pm] jokeefe: Nothing else from IT
[9:27pm] Bosun: I confess I adde a section to the wiki.
[9:27pm] Bosun: Critical thinking.
[9:27pm] jokeefe: have’t done that. doesn’t need to be IT that does that. anyone with wiki access could do it.
[9:27pm] Bosun: OK.
[9:27pm] Bosun: Outreach?
[9:28pm] jokeefe: I did update the with a lot of meetings. 
[9:28pm] Yari: outreach - we discussed creation of a bi-monthly pirate newsletter. Will work with jokeefe to learn how to send out and will be discussing more this coming tuesday/submitting proposals soon about details
[9:28pm] Joe: thank you jokeefe!
[9:28pm] Sayyida: thank you jokeefe !
[9:28pm] Yari: I have two orders of new business I would like to submit
[9:28pm] Bosun: Thank you @jokeefe
[9:29pm] Bosun: OK you have the floor
[9:29pm] Bosun: - Yari
[9:29pm] Joe: motion to add t iij me for yari
[9:29pm] jokeefe: A bi-monthly newsletter sounds great Yari.  Also gives blog posts.
[9:29pm] Joe: *time
[9:30pm] Yari: first - I would ask for the PNC to allow outreach to work on a set of social media guidelines
[9:30pm] Bosun: we agreed to extend.
[9:30pm] Bosun: Tat sound good to me.
[9:31pm] Bosun: -> social medi guidelines
[9:31pm] Joe: thank ypu Bosun, did not know if it was official or not. 
[9:31pm] jokeefe: Please do Yari. Definitely needed.
[9:32pm] Joe: pardon my ignorance, but is that not what the code of conduct that Sayyida wrote was for?
[9:32pm] Bosun: When the chair asks if anyone objects it in implied that no objection is a positive vote.
[9:32pm] Yari: Joe could you link? Do you mean the COC on the discord?
[9:33pm] Bosun: No - media posting differ as they can infer position that people find objectionable.
[9:33pm] Joe: Sayyida did a good job on it, which had to do with a previous issue we faced as a group. could be useful.
[9:34pm] Bosun: No we have a meeting code of coduct.
[9:34pm] Bosun: A media code of conduct is different.
[9:35pm] Yari: with the blessing of the PNC, outreach will work on the guidelines. if the PNC decides there should be a specific set of people working on social media, I ask that the PNC address outreach with the responsibility of creating that structure
[9:35pm] Bosun: Go on Yari - you have the floor still.
[9:36pm] Yari: second - a point of clarification - what people count as voting members of committees?
[9:36pm] Bosun: A comitee can do what it want. It submits proposal to the board and then they are accepted or rejected.
[9:36pm] Yari: i.e, can a person show up on IRC and participate in committee meeting so long as they ID
[9:37pm] jokeefe:
[9:37pm] jokeefe: that is all the rules I know of
[9:37pm] Yari: located in a member state or observer state
[9:37pm] Sayyida: we already had this argument right?
[9:38pm] Joe: Aye Sayyida.
[9:38pm] Sayyida: or whatever this discussion is
[9:38pm] Yari: I must not have been here for it
[9:38pm] Yari: spologies
[9:38pm] Bosun: A Subcommittee shall be a working group formed by act of the PNC to achieve a specified purpose.
[9:38pm] Bosun: A Subcommittee shall be composed of active members of any Pirate Party located in a Member State or Observer State.
[9:38pm] Bosun: The PNC may specify the operating procedures of a Subcommittee and any criteria for its membership not otherwise specified in these Bylaws. Any operating procedures or membership criteria not specified by the PNC shall be determined by the members of the Subcommittee.
[9:38pm] Sayyida: no I thought I was having dejavu or something haha
[9:38pm] Sayyida: no malice intended
[9:39pm] Joe: No worries. Sayyida, your the most savvy with this, would you be willing to take the time to review and support Yari with a draft?
[9:39pm] Yari: the bylaws are pretty clear - here's the thing. I shouldn't be a part of a committee by these rules
[9:40pm] Yari: *subcommittee
[9:40pm] jokeefe: We need more Observer States
[9:40pm] Yari: California is not technically an observer state yet
[9:40pm] Bosun: So basically, the committee chair has tons of latitude until the chair screws up.
[9:40pm] pmchi: For reference, what are the current working Observer states?
[9:40pm] Yari: jokeefe yes we do
[9:42pm] Bosun: We can decide that next meeting. First Item of new business next meeting will be observer states. CA was technically never ejected and was a full member at one tim.
[9:42pm] Sayyida: Look, it is getting late for me, can we have the rest over email?
[9:43pm] Yari: yeah we're nearing the end of my extended time anyway
[9:43pm] Yari: and this is a long discussion
[9:43pm] jokeefe: sounds good to me
[9:43pm] Bosun: Anything elese - quickly?
[9:43pm] Joe: motion to adjourn?
[9:43pm] Bosun: Meg, James - do you wish adjourn?
[9:44pm] jokeefe: sure
[9:44pm] Sayyida: yes
[9:44pm] Sayyida: zoned out for a moment
[9:44pm] Sayyida: second
[9:44pm] jokeefe: posting transcript
[9:44pm] Bosun: OK then we ar adjourned.