- PNC Resolution Modifications
- Anthony Jay, IN
- Rose Klein, CA
- Mitch Davilo, IL
- Meeting called to order at 9:08pm EST
- Meeting adjourned at 10:03pm EST
- Discussed and modified the proposal that was passed on 6/22/2021 (A proposal for officer and committee chair access to social media), as it was sent back from the PNC with comments.
- Held a discussion on methods of increasing engagement and attendance with the PNC and USPP, including website restructuring, video creation, and social media usage.
Proposal: That the PNC login credentials for social media be shared by the chair and vice-chair. The chair and vice-chair will use TweetDeck to allow the other officers and subcommittee chairs to post to the USPP twitter. Whenever it is possible to utilize similar methods of access for other social media sites, the chair and vice-chair may, with the collaboration of the outreach committee, establish such access. Where such methods of access are not possible, a separate resolution will be required to be submitted to the PNC for access to be given to members other than the chair and vice-chair.
<wodensday> We can go ahead and start though <wodensday> IDs? <Yari> Rose Klein, California, USPP chair <wodensday> Anthony Jay, IN <pmchi> Mitchel Davilo, Chicagoland/ILPP, Swarmcare Manager <Yari> wodensday did you get an account yet for the wiki? <wodensday> Not yet it seems. <Yari> okay, I'll go ahead and make a notes page for today then. <wodensday> I talked to Jokeefe though, so it should be in the works <wodensday> We have one piece of old-ish business to tend to. We have some comments from the PNC about our resolution, and may redraft it with those in mind. <wodensday> (Hold on, let me get that) <wodensday> "So, so far - what I'm hearing is that we are thinking about using the original resolution, without tracking posts. We could also specify in the resolution that only one/two people have the actual login credentials, the rest just have tweetdeck access. We also talked about how far we want to extend access to volunteers." <wodensday> From here: https://wiki.uspirates.org/w/index.php?title=PNC_06/27/21 <papegaai> Title: PNC 06/27/21 - United States Pirate Party (at wiki.uspirates.org) <wodensday> As Bosun put it, they'd like to see more "hierarchical delegation" of the social media power. One or two people control the account, but bestow access to the other trusted parties <pmchi> So TweetDeck is great. I liked the idea of the chair and vice chair having the password credentials, while they also had the ability to give and take away posting privileges <pmchi> Elected members having TweetDeck access was good <wodensday> So long as we can figure out such a process for every form of social media (I don't know if we can), I like the idea of the original proposal but with the security clause replaced with administrative access being granted only to the Captain and VP <Yari> I feel like basically we just need to rewrite the proposal <Yari> Yeah figuring it out for every form is something else <Yari> I don't even know if that was on the table <wodensday> Is it possible to solve the whole of our social media with one measly resolution, then? Or is this a more difficult thing than we thought? <Yari> I think it depends on how specific the resolution needs to get <Yari> Could we just pass one for twitter now? <Yari> Even that would be nice <wodensday> Oh of course. <wodensday> Our core goal is to get more pirate content made by more people, but we may have to break that goal up. <Yari> If there are similar methods for other social media platforms, then we could just write a resolution saying "do the same as that other resolution" <wodensday> We could include some kind of "If it's possible to do any other social media like twitter, it will be done like twitter" clause. Terrible wording but you get the point <Yari> yeah, that might work <wodensday> But we can go ahead and put it in, leave the extent of it to the bureaucracy of executing a clause after it gets passed <wodensday> That way progress is made and we have given ourselves the greenlight <Yari> Yeah that makes sense <wodensday> My priority is to just keep making progress. That might be a good way to keep the ball rolling <Yari> So we need to write this thing, right? <wodensday> Re-write, yes <Yari> let's do it then! <Yari> Do you have the former language handy? <wodensday> I can smag it! <wodensday> Snag <pmchi> I apologize gang, my phone is about to die on me and I’m out for dinner. Best of luck, I’ll catch up on the posted minutes. See y’all Sunday <wodensday> <Yari> So, my resolution is this: That the PNC assure access to the social media to each of the officers of the PNC, as well as each chair of the PNC subcommittees. Additionally, that the PNC commit to researching a implementing a method of tracking the original author of each post made to USPP social media accounts. <wodensday> That's alright, have fun! <Yari> so we're cutting the tracking posts bit <wodensday> Yes, we're cutting that, adding the new security method and some "do the others like twitter I guess" clause? <Yari> So I guess it would become: Proposal that the PNC login credentials for social media be shared by the chair and vice-chair. The chair and vice-chair will use TweetDeck to allow the other officers and subcommittee chairs to post to the USPP twitter. Whenever it is possible to utilize similar methods of access for other social media sites, the chair and vice-chair may, with the collaboration of the outreach committee, establish such <Yari> access. Where such methods of access are not possible, a separate resolution will be required to be submitted to the PNC for access to be given to officers other than the chair and vice-chair. <Yari> *change "officers" to "members" in the last sentence <wodensday> Sounds great! The best thing to do here would be wait on this proposal until we have a real vote, but this is just what an average outreach meeting looks like attendance wise. How about this resolution passes by default? <Yari> yeah, I mean - what do you think about the third sentence? <Yari> That was the part I was least sure on <wodensday> I think it works. It communicates what we're going for well enough. The idea is a bit difficult to express succinctly, but it's not like we won't both be there to clarify if needed <Yari> Also, average meeting is three <Yari> sometimes 4, sometimes 2 <Yari> On good days 5 <Yari> we dream of 6 ppl here <Yari> I think it happened once <wodensday> I haven't proved myself as outreach chair until we hit the half dozen mark <Yari> so cool, it passes then <Yari> what can we do to increase attendance here? <Yari> on that topic <Yari> I mean I think part of it is just... having very few active members, honestly <wodensday> That's an excellent question, and I'm sure we can go ahead and extend that to meetings as a whole <Yari> agreed wholeheartedly <Yari> there's a reason I'm trying to sell video meetings to the officers and it is definitely not because I prefer live debates <wodensday> I agree about our lack of active members. We seem to have so many interested people in this discord, though. I wonder what the roadblock is. <wodensday> I would absolutely love to see these meetings modernized. That might even help attendance. Record keeping too. It's way more fun to go back and watch a virtual throwdown on youtube than it is to look at a wiki page. ...not that we should be encouraging infotainment in politics <Yari> on that last point, yes. <Yari> but there are ways to make the boring stuff of politics seem less boring <Yari> May I present to you... the one minute roundup <wodensday> Wow, it's almost as if we should be posting short form video to our youtube channel or something! <Yari> Huh. Actually... I honestly wonder if I can expense a video camera for filming stuff for the pirate account. <Yari> Not that we have much in the way of funds <wodensday> I think it would totally be worth it. <Yari> Yeah that's what I was thinking too <wodensday> Social media is one of our best opportunities. It's a sizeable percentage of the world itself. <Yari> I have a tripod already <wodensday> If we get youtube, the website, etc. running, I think we'll be amazed at what will happen <Yari> oh, on the website front! <wodensday> Yeah? <Yari> I didn't do a whole design or anything, honestly I think that was a bit ambitious of me. But - <Yari> I am building the entire CAPP website using the same template, and so I'm quickly getting a very good idea of how it workds <wodensday> That is bound to be super valuable <Yari> First off, I'll say this: Even the Australian pirates use free stock images <Yari> we can use them too, so long as we credit it <wodensday> Since Pmchi has talked me into experimenting with an INPP I will most likely follow a similar path <wodensday> What's their website? The australian pirates <Yari> pirateparty.org.au <wodensday> This looks fantastic <Yari> second, We don't have the logo front and center at the top of the page - and that is something every pirate page ever does <Yari> WHY don't we do that? <Yari> it looks so much better <Yari> so that's going to be the first thing I change <Yari> calpirates.org - almost everything there is broken, it's having some dns problems, but its online <wodensday> I'm surprised this is the same theme. Ours hasn't been focused on in the graphical sense. Or so it seems. <Yari> au pirates isn't the same theme, actually <Yari> but german pirates are <wodensday> Ah, nevermind lol <wodensday> I like their theme, then <Yari> https://www.piratenpartei.de/ <papegaai> Title: Piratenpartei Deutschland (at www.piratenpartei.de) <wodensday> Okay, I feel similar. They really utilized this theme to the best of their abilities. <wodensday> We could take some great notes from this <Yari> oh, yeah for sure. <Yari> I've been taking notes on all the pirate websites to try and figure out what they've been doing <Yari> big one? we don't have a donate button <wodensday> I'm aware that we shouldn't pursue style for its own sake or anything, but we could definitely still use some. <wodensday> Yep. <wodensday> People need to know how to help immediately <Yari> So I'm going to ask Joe to look into the best method for donations <wodensday> As soon as they get to our website <Yari> But I think I already have one <Yari> anyway, there are things we can change. <Yari> And we can definitely develop graphics - you'll notice that graphics are a welcome part of the scroll on the german pirate page <Yari> so we don' <Yari> don't need pics necessarily <wodensday> I absolutely adore the Piraten Partei's graphic design <wodensday> Oh yeah, I think I may have mentioned that even. Or maybe someone else. But we can always try our hand at graphics too <Yari> I should go soon <wodensday> Was just about to say something about that <wodensday> Meeting casually adjourned <Yari> cool, I'll post minutes.