PNC 05/23/21

From United States Pirate Party
Revision as of 21:33, 23 May 2021 by Jokeefe (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search






Regular IT meetings - Thu. 6/10, 9pm EDT

Next tasks:

  1. Live streaming the conference
  2. archive SAB list messages
  3. update old pages in the blog/wiki such as the state contact pages

Conference/Elections Planning







Record of the meeting


[9:04pm] Bosun: Please identify
[9:04pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Treasurer, Massachusetts
[9:04pm] yarivaltean: Rose Klein, California
[9:05pm] Bosun: Joseph Klein Chair
[9:05pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Secretary, Massachusetts
[9:05pm] pmchi: Mitchel Davilo, Chicago/ILPP
[9:05pm] Bosun: I don't think Megan can make it.
[9:06pm] Bosun: The main agenda item is to discuss the conference.
[9:06pm] Bosun: Yari - you want to present your notes.
[9:07pm] yarivaltean: of course
[9:07pm] yarivaltean:
[9:07pm] papegaai: Title: Piratenpad (at
[9:08pm] yarivaltean: There are a few things that need to be discussed yet
[9:08pm] yarivaltean: first off, at some point, we had said a specific time for the meetings, or at least had suggested times, but I failed to write those down
[9:09pm] yarivaltean: does any one remember those?
[9:11pm] jokeefe: I don’t.
[9:11pm] jokeefe: My preference would be to start at 9pm EDT on weekdays, but weekends are more flexible.
[9:12pm] yarivaltean: generally, though, as you can see - We have the conference divided into two weeks. Starting off with the opening tomorrow - each of these meetings on the agenda will be held on BigBlueButton and will (ideally) be streamed. I can provide streaming backup setup if someone from IT is not available.
[9:12pm] Bosun: Let's go with that.
[9:12pm] yarivaltean: Each week ends in a capstone of a candidate forum, at which the candidates are asked questions by members of the community at large.
[9:12pm] yarivaltean: Then we have the elections on Sunday the 6th!
[9:13pm] yarivaltean: Okay Bosun I will edit the document to reflect that then
[9:13pm] jokeefe: That would be great Yari. I have a Big Blue Button instance we can use, but I haven’t been able to live stream from it. Only from Jitsi.
[9:14pm] yarivaltean: for weekends - do we have a time suggestion? We could just do 9pm EST every day even
[9:14pm] yarivaltean: jokeefe we could do Jitsi instead of BBB
[9:14pm] ceiling joined the chat room.
[9:14pm] yarivaltean: I have no objections to that at least
[9:14pm] yarivaltean: there was no particular reason I suggested BBB, I think someone else suggested it
[9:15pm] jokeefe: BBB is good if we are going to open it up more widely. Jitsi is fine if there are a limited number of participants and we want to live stream it easily.
[9:15pm] Joe: I would prefer Jitsi as well since streaming would be much more user friendly.
[9:17pm] yarivaltean: shall I just say we're holding all meetings on Jitsi then?
[9:17pm] Joe: Who is in charge of streaming it?
[9:18pm] jokeefe: Why don’t we try the first week with Jitsi and if we can get BBB working with a live stream, we can do that the 2nd week.
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Would be good if multiple people can do it so we aren’t reliant on one person.
[9:20pm] yarivaltean: jokeefe like I said I can stream it as well, my setup works and I am available/will be present for most of the meetings
[9:20pm] jokeefe: do you have access to the YT account, yarivaltean?
[9:20pm] yarivaltean: no I do not
[9:21pm] jokeefe: Bosun, would you be able to fix that for yarivaltean?
[9:21pm] Joe: I'm on it
[9:21pm] jokeefe: thanks, Joe
[9:22pm] yarivaltean: thanks
[9:22pm] yarivaltean: weekend times?
[9:23pm] yarivaltean: we could just do 9PM EST as well
[9:24pm] Joe: Yari, check your messages
[9:25pm] Joe: 5 minutes left
[9:25pm] yarivaltean: seen
[9:25pm] Joe: Made that pw just for you. <3
[9:26pm] jokeefe: How about 4pm EDT on Sat/Sun?
[9:26pm] Bosun: OK are we pretty much on track?
[9:26pm] Bosun: 4 pm sounds ok.
[9:27pm] Joe: I would prefer 9pm est just because I am a working man
[9:27pm] Joe: I work everyday.  I'll try to attend but I can't promise much if I am on a jobsite.
[9:28pm] pmchi: Second to that notion, it’s a tad early, would still be working
[9:28pm] jokeefe: 9pm every night is ok
[9:29pm] yarivaltean: okay I'll make it 9pm every night
[9:29pm] yarivaltean: its consistent that way too
[9:29pm] Bosun: yes
[9:29pm] jokeefe: certainly
[9:29pm] Joe: Motion to adjourn?
[9:31pm] jokeefe: I can schedule the YouTube live stream sessions by tomorrow. sound good?
[9:31pm] yarivaltean: jokeefe sounds great
[9:31pm] Bosun: Any objection to adjourning?
[9:32pm] jokeefe: none from me
[9:32pm] Bosun: OK then we are adjourned.