National Organization Name
Issue: The national organization is, as of 5/2/2012, using the name 'Pirate National Committee'. It must be determined whether this name is both legal & conventional. If it is determined that it should not be used, we will provide alternatives.
Question: Is the national organization legally allowed to call itself a 'National Committee' if it has not been recognized by the Federal Election Commission?
- Analyze & summarize FEC documentation & other resources
- Plot out the traditional path to forming a National Committee (Save this knowledge for future projects)
- Write out questions & call the FEC directly
- Conclude from this information whether the name 'Pirate National Committee' can legally be used.
Question: Is is conventional for an organization to take the name 'National Committee' before and after being recognized?
- Aggregate information on other National Committees; include the names of their organizations before being recognized